Wednesday, July 19, 2006

exegencies of starting over with CT-Art

Good news. I'm 100% serious. My old Dell notebook died. No recriminations. You see, in 6.5 years I am virtually certain I put 13 years of use into it. Thank you Lord.

So now I bought a smoking fast Dual Core desktop by same. While I aught to be able to migrate most of my word and excell files and email over to the new machine, I see no reason to move application data. Thus, the first 337 exercises on CTA can stay there! What did I do? Start over! Much better the second time. Up there at 300+, I was starting to get "killed" as we chessplayers call it.

Moreover, I am now solidly 1500+ at CTS, and what I am most happy about, after a long slog for, what was it, two weeks, now got from '83.4' ('83.351+'), to 83.5 (83.4632). 84% or 84.0 here I come. No matter.

But more to the how of HOW I am doing it. Warming up with CTA, I then migrate to CTS and I am running 90% plus. Tonight, 8/78=86 I like to express it, that is to say: only 8 failed, 78 success, totals 86. Thats 90.7%.

My plan now is to hit 20,000 problems by 15_September 06 and 30,000 by 31_December 06. 100 per day. Not unheard of but, remember, I am doing CTS concurrently, so this is a LOT taken together.

Ever true to my nature, I am almost more concerned with "the process than the result". But just as brokers count phone calls, or as they were called, "developing" or "rookie brokers" when getting started in the business, so I am sure that here too "activity" will produce result. We all are "late adopters" following Temposchluckers noble example. Wormwood too. And Tralalla. High activity. High percentages. Accuracy.

To compare to an altogetherly different but equally heuristical area of needed continuous improvment, if a broker makes 100 calls a day, then he or she aught to yield 3 contacts. 15 contacts a week, or as it is called, "the Broyles system", aught to yield 12 accounts per month. Across 60 contacts in a month, 20% closure nets 12 new opened accounts "with money". 12 months times 12 = 144 per year. 144 accounts averaging $20,000 each, is three million. Ten million in three years is basic. This includes losses of accounts, referal, and capital appreciation.

First you must raise your activity; THEN in Wall Street or phone sales, ONLY THEN can you see about improving your approach. So here. Do the tactics daily. Then see about "burning it into the circuitry of your brain" (personal conversation with Yasser Seirawan last year, in front of his condo... dropping him off). First do; then memorize, that is to say, make automatic, or less of a thought process and more of an instant recognition process.

As Murray Chandler says in How to Checkmate your Dad in Chess (actually, a very good book, kind of a mini Renauld-Kahn's Art of the Checkmate on training wheels): "Grandmasters at the highest level calculate on 5% of what they see; the other 95% is recognition... but WHAT they do decide to calculate, they calculate very well" (my bad poetic license paraphrase).

Do the activity, and it will come. Less contact is ok, but "they" had better be good contacts. Or more, but lower quality, etc.

Do CTS; do CTA... and you will see. I will see. Tonight, I felt like I was seeing it all fast. Build it and they will come. Bed time now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Hi, good you're back. BTW there's no need to send me E-mails for new posts, since I get notified every few hours or so automatically.

Wed Jul 19, 03:30:00 AM PDT  
Blogger transformation said...

how do you do that Dirk? I dont get updates each time you do...

must be missing some key feature of blogger. any help you can lend here much appreciated.

...
yes, it does all automate. at a lower rating level than you, im currently experiencing this same thing of just 'seeing'.

dk

Wed Jul 19, 03:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger transformation said...

dirk, in "systems theory", it is, i think, simply what is called "critical mass". in a round about way, this is also what i tried to write of tonight on my post.

lots of layers of application accrete into a system, and, instead of turning chaotic, at some point a new order makes a "Becksonian Leap", appropos Henry Bergson's Creative Evolution, was it called... or what Gregory Bateson in Ecology and Nature calls type III learning.

You know all this, better than me, but nice to hear reflections from the community, or "community of knowledge", it can also be called.

greetings some the Emrald City. No pun intended. What Seattle is called, since our landmark spaceneedle is green at night, by its paint color AND lighting. david

Wed Jul 19, 03:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I use a little freeware program called "WebMon" http://www.btinternet.com/~markwell/webmon/
which monitors the web. Another possibility is to subscribe to "bloglines" http://www.bloglines.com/

Further I get an automatic E-mail when somebody comments on my posts at my blog. That's a feature of Blogger indeed.

Wed Jul 19, 07:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger transformation said...

dirk, question. i understand the system of obvious notification when others comment on OUR own blogs.

but if i understand you right, you get a notice WHEN i change my blog?

or have i misunderstood? my copy to you via email last night was to a post i placed on my own blog.

i didnt think you checked my blog so wanted to copy you. i wont copy all of them BTW, but on occassion wish to make you aware of something... since i am doing the same work as you, and you can benefit a little maybe by the reflection? or me benefit by your feedback.

in any event, correct me if im wrong. if post on my blog, you wont know if i dont copy you?

warmly, dk

Wed Jul 19, 12:11:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

No, I run a freeware program (WebMon) on my PC that checks your site regularly for changes. Everytime I see an interesting site, I add that site to my program. So if you don't post for a year and then you start to post again, I will know that automatically because my program checks your site every few hours for changes. Even when you get a comment on your post on your blog, the commentcounter changes and my program will notice that as a change of your site.

Wed Jul 19, 01:37:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Wed Aug 16, 02:52:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home