Thursday, June 14, 2007

Journey To Elista, part 2

important chess improvment blogger announcement at end of text concerning everyone here:










The Chess City, the Kalmykian steppe

Heartily we recommend that kind readers be certain to not miss the most amusing chessBase photo essay from the end of Elista, with many endearing photos. I reproduce the article leading summary paragraph and three photos, without further ado:















Material for a month of adversarial dinner-time debates: FIDE deputy president Georgios Makropoulos

14.06.2007- The Candidates Finals have ended, most of the players are alreay on their journey home. We are spending a last day in this chess capital of the world, where an entire chess city has been stamped out of the steppes of the lower Volga region. It is unusually quiet and there are no games scheduled for the afternoon. A good opportunity to present you part two of our narrative: a journey to Elista.

A Journey to Elista – Part two
Report by Frederic Friedel: photo essay, continued at
link.















Our absolutely favourite dinner companion in Elista: former world champion Boris Spassky

One tiny note or two briefly: despite every intent to never go back to architecture while having a secure (but limited occuation I have been hunkered down in, for YEARS while I work on my BEING--I get to wear shorts, a t-shirt even in winter, and have only a wee little six minute commute to work, even coming home for lunch daily [what is THAT worth in America?], it seems that not only do I have an interview Monday, but this firm asking to see me is not only very good, but very selective, and is one of the top residential firms in Seattle.

Unlike eighteen years ago, I am now a mature seasoned man, without an ego as being THE architect, the consumate talent, :) but rather simply will show up and ask if and how I can be of assistance? You want an office manager, ok. You want sales and marketing, ok! I am all ears. Teamwork; needs analysis. Humility. Service. Regard. I am sure they already have a lot of other major talent, and what I do best is keep track of big pictures.

















God, Creation, whatever you care to call it sent me this lead without effort, in the classic way boy meets girl without trying, and I do not aim to doubt it or cling to outcomes. Thy will be done. Enchala. Cast your bread upon the waters and you will find it in many days.

Busy at CTS (chess tactical server) daily again, and CT-Art 3.0 to begin level five, 2137 elo, 72% overall.

warmest, dk

[It's hard to stay away. So here is what I plan: daily in the next week or few days, the more puriently vain of each of can come back here and read a small essay about you. Yes, that's right: I have already begun.

Once I start, like the fifteen days before Christmas, I am going to write a (not always!) short piece each day about each of our more popular bloggers, and/or among those I know here who read me whom I read, and a few who I read who don't seem to read me...

Promise not to disappoint. Who is going to the prom? My aim will be pithy, well characterized portraits of what I know and love about each of you... himmmm?


Stay tuned!]

6 Comments:

Blogger Robert Pearson said...

May your interview go well, whatever the end result. And by the way I'd just like to say I appreciate the way you illustrate you posts! The most visually appealing in the chess blogging world.

Best Regards,

Robert

Fri Jun 15, 10:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Gulp.

Fri Jun 15, 10:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger David Glickman said...

Very cool project, dk. I'm sorry I didn't think of it myself.

Can't wait to get the transformational perspective on my chess blog budddies.

Fri Jun 15, 10:41:00 AM PDT  
Blogger transformation said...

dont worry BDK, you are SECOND out of fifteen and so, consequently, will be "finished" quite quickly. :)

but really, that way you can enjoy the ride the second most longest, and so with imprunity giggle in the bleachers making remarks to and about your buddies. :)

tempo, tempo alert! tempo alert. LOL.

Fri Jun 15, 11:44:00 AM PDT  
Blogger BlunderProne said...

I promise not be "jealous" ;)

As always, you have the most intriguing perspectives.

Fri Jun 15, 01:35:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont forget do write about the next chess olympiad 2008 in Germany - the germans discuss a handfull of affairs round the organisatzion comitee. for example:chief of organisation Dr. Jordan hats got a dozen bancrupts with his companys. see actual Issue of "New in Chess". also there ist still no sponsor an about 3,6 Billion Dollars missing....
great story!

Wed Jun 20, 02:04:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home