Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Quiet Time






















I am going to be taking some quiet time--but am not leaving here, or closing down for good or for long... But I am just putting the final touches on finishing the 30,000 unit at CTS (chess tactical server) after a monster run of 107 in a row correct, here at 1480-1545 recently.

Moreover, along with that, I am again pushing hard on CT-Art 3.0, and now find myself really grabbing hold of it with intense ardor. 2132 elo end of level four @ 72% overall, and ready to soon start level five.

Following a focused week on CTA3, my CTS rating quickly soared from 1500 to 1546 elo or so, and after the rarest bum session Sunday (true exhaustion from work, when once a month I am obligated to work 10 out of 11 days--standing for eight hours) when I got 16.9% wrong (I very rarely get 2 wrong out of 10 in bunches, but had many 3 of 10 trances Sunday, and one 5 out of 10--now THAT is tired! I am not that bad--with 'proof of the pudding' being Monday, when I did virtually the same thing for a brief space, when home briefly for lunch--over chess).














So thereafter, I put my head down and put the lazer back on, and just did 1f/122s= 123 tries. With CTA3 in hand in next week, I will zoom back to 1500+ and again, now that I recovered that shortest sub 90% annualized rate! My goodness! 1482 elo for a moment is far better than 1545 for me and a regressing percentile however slight on the margin! NO, NO, NO!

With the next 340 tries at CTS at 90.0%, I will be at 86.0507% for 30,000 tries and so prepare for the next push to 1600 at 90% equal or greater all sessions as my mandate, and see how far I can go at that accuracy level now. 1550 elo was inches away, and at 90 to 95% sessions at CTS paired with CTA, am confident in time I can do that... A bit of CT-Art 3.0 with a little CTS is a lot better than a lot of CTS with little or no CTA3.

Bye for now. Break from blogging. I will be changing some things, and nobody wishes to remain the same or repeat their 'one man act' day after day. How or where I do not know, but surely...















There is a new breed of 2400 elo women in chess who are hip, attractive, and worldly, to the delight of many a chess fan...

Focus, focus, focus, and roar the boiling water under CT-Art 3.0, then get back to live chess, and push back on 1600 ICC blitz (lot of games thereof on Vicadin in December and November, hardly a good measure of "real chess"). Lots of work to do.

Lastly, I am pushing on five per day of One Thousand and One Winning Sacrifices and Combinations by Reinfeld, and enjoying it immensely.

Warmly, dk

5 Comments:

Blogger Roger Coathup said...

Hi dk,

I'm confused by your comment on Chess Tales asking where the blog has gone... there are about 2 posts each day still (12 so far in June).

Did you miss out on the home page? Or was it a comment that it was the quality (rather than the quantity) that had gone down hill! :-)

Your comment was on the introductory post regarding a set of improvement tips. I subsequently ran a series of them. The summary post has an index to all the other improvement tips.

A lot of the other posts are also of an improvement nature, e.g. check out the label openings (from the bottom of the blog).

Keep up the great blogging.

Roger

Wed Jun 06, 01:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger likesforests said...

Good for you! I'm not surprised after your previous entry. Breaks can be good for the soul.

I've been so busy with life these past couple weeks that I've had less time for chess than usual, but it's been a great couple weeks.

I still have a serious endgame bug. There's just something about the deceptive simplicity, the little nuances that decide whether an endgame is a win or a draw that really appeal to me. But the more I study, the less I feel I know! It's funny how that works.

Fri Jun 08, 01:40:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Have a good rest. 2 months off has done me a wealth of good.

Fri Jun 08, 02:18:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

enjoy the rest, come back rejuvinated...

Sat Jun 09, 07:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Loomis said...

DK, I hope you have time for a quick comment during your quiet time. In re-reading your comment on my blog on June 5th, I wondered whether you are on your first or second round of CT-Art. That is, have you gone through all the levels before? Or up to a certain point?

Keep up the good work!

Tue Jun 12, 08:22:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home