Monday, July 02, 2007

Prolegema, or Kant Help it: WFMU, Part IV















WFMU, The Best Alternative Radio in the USA, or The Pulse of New York: Essay Eight
This is our second wild card feature, and occurs every eight essay.

WFMU Radio is something that I all hope, no matter what the taste, be sure to check out, using of course the usual windows media player resources or MP3, etc... This will add 150 elo to your blitz games, but, of course, perhaps not your standard radio indeed!

WFMU is what I listen to when I go back home to see family, back east. Last visit, I luxuratd hearing it, while practicing chess tactics at CTS or writing friends at blogger. New Your does NOT need an introduction or explaination.

But for one brief moment, then we let it speak for itself: I went to college in New York, at a school perhaps harder to get into than MIT or Harvard, which tests for creativity on a full scholarship, tuition free basis. One day, in my wild Nietzsche Oberman days of fasting, photographic mind philosophy, and da Vinchian notebooks which I carried everywhere to the point of absolute legendary status, I yelled at a man who was litering. He looked at me, and in his kind wisdom, said (jive, and hip tone of voice " M A N , you can't beat New York. You can't beat it. No one can!" He wasn't being mean, in fact, he was being kind. Thus begins the slow life change which has taken 49 years of acceptance.






















One of the women who hang around rock and roll stars!

So when I tell you that as confident a young man as I was, even getting my own apartment in New York at age 17, when my mother said" "you can't do that!" (as if to say), 'you don't have my permission', or 'I won't allow that!') nor at all fearfull for my physical saftey, often running at night through miles of back street gettos without an ounce of fear (I should have had it, oh those days!)...

...when I tell you that I used to take a deep breath every time I took the bus to New York, as we circled down into the 'Holland Tunnel', for the feeling of returning there after a weekends visit to my mother in New Jersey, as I did hundreds of times in those years, it was not so much insecurity, as feeling the mass, the weight of all of New York like a neutrino or quark or black hole of collasal energy.

I never want to go back there, for otherwise my already shattered heart will truly burst, and don't look back. Too much feeling. To much remorse. Too many years gone by of mispent youth. But in some strange way, I have started to listen daily to this music from the grunge backwaters of Seattle, especially during tactics, as I feel a primordial jungle beat, and my courage raises such as Somalis feel in eating "Khat, which contains the alkaloid cathinone, an amphetamine-like stimulant which causes excitement and euphoria". I feel the need for this power now, and this music gives me the feeling of putting a pipe from New Your directly into my brain.





















dk after 187 chess games in nine of the last ten days (only 25.7% of games, wins!), all played in late night after massive blogging, working eight of the last nine days straight at a 'job', preparing 25+ low fat healthy meals, and--even--financial trading...

WFMU is an independent freeform radio station broadcasting at 91.1 fm in the New York City area, at 90.1 fm in the Hudson Valley, and live on the web in Realaudio, or in Windows Media, as well as two flavors of MP3, and all programs archived in MP3 and Realaudio. Listen Live on the Web Most Recent Playlists and Program Archives WFMU Podcasts Upcoming Special Programs DJ Homepages





















Jimi Hendrix - live - Sunday, June 1, 1969 - Waikiki Shell, Hawaii

"WFMU-FM is a non-commercial, freeform radio station broadcasting at 91.1 Mhz FM in Jersey City, NJ, right across the Hudson from lower Manhattan. We were formerly on the campus of Upsala College, in East Orange, NJ, but relocated in 1998, having procured our independence in 1994 from the college. We have a relay station, WXHD, 90.1 Mhz FM, broadcasting in the Hudson Valley, Lower Catskills, Western New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania".

[Note to reader: I am moving things around to make things easier for the reader--and will continue to do so daily on short hours here this corner--but following Tempos kind suggestion, for now can only note that the next set of essays below is what still remains of part II, comments for essays five, six, seven are after Wahrheit, Grandpatzer below, and subsequent lead body paragraph posts ten, eleven, twelve et. al. Sorry this isn't easier, it wasn't for me either. Thank you tempo! dk]

2 Comments:

Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I didn't mean that I have something to comment, but just in case:)

Mon Jul 02, 02:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

You can dump the half or not yet written essays in a separate post and save it as draft. Than it will not show up in your blog. You can copy and paste it into a new post whenever appropriate.

Mon Jul 02, 10:56:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home