Sunday, September 23, 2007

Extremely Tired













DK right at the Canadian border, with the North Cascades in the background, coming off 6500'.

Very, very--very, very--tired after working a lot of days in a row at work... I have the outlines of at least six posts here in draft on wide and varying subjects, but no 'real' energy to push them through to my own standards--at this brief time.

Once a month, I am required to work a crazy schedule, and, I never did quite get over the flu from six weeks ago, after a lot of chess study, running training... mountain climbing, a bad cough, and now preparing my store tool department for inventory, which occurs twice per year.



If you guys think I am intense here, you should see me in motion at work. I am THE organizer of a concentrated revenue environment, with lots of detail and all the tendencies of the public towards rapid escalation to clutter and benign neglect of 'the commons', with yours truly the anti-entropy salve. As Trungpa Rinpoche once said: "The Dharma is a Sherman Tank, all forward gears, no reverse". Yes, that's me at work.



















Despite all the dogs here this last year, I am a cat owner and love them all.

I think that I slept about 46 hours, in five nights (4*9 hours and 1*10 hours, when I usually sleep six hours or less), and have been eating extra well (with cooler weather, I'm able to cook daily again, often brown rice prepared every couple of days added to organic vegetables, so, so healthy!), so I need tell no one here that times like these add the foundation for the next big push.

Otherwise, bidding my time with CTS daily, in fact, quite diligently... hit 87.15001% tonight, for a 87.2% post. Will show 88% soon.

CT-Art 3.0 back on hold after vacation. Was playing bullet again, limited to one hour per day max, and now again that is on hold despite new found prudence. Watching Mexico city with great delight, and since I start work at two pm, and it starts at noon, at PST, I have seen the start of ALL the games.





















Lastly, gleefully again able to read Euwe-Kramer's The Middlegame -- Book One. This is a low stress way to keep moving forward. 1001 efforts for the moment at a complete standstill. The broken binding actually makes me feel physically uncomfortable. I am serious. As I wrote BDK at my last note, there must be a visceral-sensual connection to a book.

That is it for now. I am not MIA, 'missing in action'.

6 Comments:

Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

What a strange work schedule you have! That vacation seemed to go really fast.

Well hang in and hopefully you'll get time for those five-million posts you are currently editing :)

Tue Sep 25, 08:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger likesforests said...

Hang in there. At least it looks like a great vacation from those photos! I'm doing remedial rook and pawn endgame studies. It's amazing that, after studying endings intensively for the past two months, I still don't even know the basics about so many positions... and few books cover the basics in rich detail. At least most of my opponents know less--if they let me get to an endgame--so I'm on the right track.

Tue Sep 25, 10:03:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

with yours truly the anti-entropy salve

lol

Tue Sep 25, 10:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger transformation said...

Not all completely lost. At CTS, chess tactical server:

Last 1,961 tries at 95.0025%, last 5,025 at 93.2935%, and last 25,000 @90.03+%, 35,000 tries total. Only need 5,000 tries at 93.8600% to hit an exact 88.000% at 40,000.

I still fully intend to hit 89.00% at 50,000 and 90.00% at 60,000. The discipline and sufficient rate of action is in place.

BDK: Thank you. My company is not 'humane' but profoundly effective at making money at the cost of customer service and organization, founded on thick margins which mask disregard for customers and products alike. the schedule is the worst part of it. the quality rich social interactions with my coworkers the best part.

likeforest: Indeed. on wall street, we call that having an edge. where the edge is, is where we can make the greatest marginal improvement, that is to say the most for the least. below 1800 most are ill prepared in endings.

temposchlucker: years of studying complex adaptive systems, whole systems, and chaos theory. i tend--in a work setting--to hold back total chaos, and no one messed with me! its my calling card. it is, ultimately, a form of self defense. want power? or if not power then 'want to avoid powerlessness?' do what no one else will do.

mexico city:
Complex emotions all around. lame draw between poker player Grischuk and man with a lovely if not elegant Parisian wife with millions in the bank in stable funds, and dual passports?

Well, comfort might be Kramniks Achilles heal. a person more hungry might fight more. but he gets the rematch, no matter what. maybe he instead can be congratulated for practicality, and no way to catch Anand--at this point.

Topolov plays the winner of the KO, and maybe Ivanchuk is the real loser, aught to be #2 in world in October FIDE rankings.

Grischuk comment says it all:
"Grischuk was asked if Anand was more or less home and dry in his quest to become World Champion. After the usual platitudes about four rounds to go he said "I don't care much anymore because definitely it won't be me!" OMG, talk about bad behavior in front of [future] sponsors! the value of an investment is never today, but the discounted future value. and so here, with a short draw by the world champ, and a contender, the future value of any possible investment in any WCC is devalued significantly.

They each take their 100k and Anand finally gets fully anointed.

Tue Sep 25, 01:15:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cats, yay! Can't imagine living without a cat.

Thu Sep 27, 02:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger transformation said...

four wheel drive!

Thu Sep 27, 02:48:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home