Tuesday, October 23, 2007

GrandPatzerBase, The Smarter Than Smart, or Prolegomena To any Future Blogger Community: Essay 5.2










Today is a special day for me. But this is not a post about me. You all know how much I can talk about myself. It is a short but hopefully meaningful brief about the two posts by GrandPatzer's preceding his current post: Using ChessBase's "Repertoire Database" Feature, Part 1 and Using ChessBase's "Repertoire Database" Feature, Part 2. They are remarkably helpfull.






Click to enlarge this view

We have all heard of ways to build a repartore; we have all heard of ways to use Bookup. And whether or not he provides the final word on top of Steve Lopez's fine essays (both at chess Base.com [1] then latter at chessCafe.com) for aspiring class B's, nascent class C's, or A's looking for new polish, is beyond me. But I recognize the very finest in chess blogging when I see it, that raw, fresh, original, truly inspired stuff we all dream of. And, most of all, he incents us to new thinking, and I respect him greatly, and hope that you do too.
















A year from today, I turn fifty (hopefully in saying this, I won't run the small risk of being 'inundated with unauthorized credit card bills', but the price of authenticity is not too great for me). This is a time to gather the last before winter.

If I could ask one tiny favor of all of you, every single one of you, it is to please drop by his blog and make a nice comment. That would be the finest birthday present anyone can give me today. He deserves our accolates and serinades. So far, outside of me, only one Knight or friend of a Knight has made a comment to him, that I am aware of [2]. Great chess, great blogging, great practical intelligence, that man, the creator of GrandPatzerBase and, for me, the provocator of uncanny chess database yearnings.

This short note or essay follows as an addendum to my previously writen: Prolegema, or Kant Help it: Wahrheit, Grand Patzer, Part II, whereby Essay Five is consolidated within or below Essay Six. Prolegomena To any Future Blogger Community, or ReAssembler, The Nimble Epicure: Essay Eleven was commenced on September the 16th, but is in draft, and other work must come first. Warmest, dk














One little picture for me, for my birthday. GP, hope you don't mind!

[1. Conveniently summarized under Support, at chessBase, across a wide range of issues such as Fritz, ChessBase9, and Product Reviews, etc. From here, you can find all the rest of 'it']

[2. What is the saying, I think I saw at Reassembler's Blog: "What is a day in blogging without comments?"]

11 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Wilson said...

I bet I'll get to 50 before you. Not that I'm competitive or anything. :)

Happy birthday.

Tue Oct 23, 02:42:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David,
Although we haven't met in person, I have enjoyed your posts and our games.
Happy birthday,
Bob (ranknfile273)

Tue Oct 23, 04:18:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like you say in the footnote: comments are the salt in the blog soup. Happy birthday to a very special contributor in the chess blogosphere - I am looking forward to many more years of reading your posts (and comments!).

Tue Oct 23, 07:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger tanch said...

Happy Birthday, David and wishing you many many happy returns!!

Tue Oct 23, 07:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Grandpatzer said...

Aw shucks :D

Btw, the first repertoire snapshot looks like the "bad order" example!

Tue Oct 23, 08:54:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Grandpatzer said...

Ack hit send before adding, "Happy Birthday!"

Tue Oct 23, 08:54:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Happy Birthday! If I ever get chessbase I'll take a look at those posts. :)

Tue Oct 23, 09:22:00 AM PDT  
Blogger wormwood said...

hey, happy birthday dk!

Tue Oct 23, 05:33:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday my e-friend ;-)

Somehow, i feel i won't make it till 50. If i do, i'll let you know. Somehow...

Tue Oct 23, 10:10:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to someone who gives us the gift of the merging of chess and beautiful women!

Wed Oct 24, 03:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger BlunderProne said...

I've been under a rock... happy belated.

Thu Oct 25, 06:58:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home