Friday, October 26, 2007

Should Have Been Draw: Looked like Win?

First off, so that the usually kind but also always fussy Blunderprone can look at this post without jeapordising his career as an 'engineer in embeded technology' in a state so liberal, that it makes Ralph Nadar look like a 'staunch Republican' there, I am leading off with a lovely photo of the delightful 'Mrs. Helmsley.

Just think about the fact that the beautiful woman in the lead photo of my last post is so indecent that in some places of work it is considered inappropriate yet this below photo is appropriate or non-offensive but so ugly. Remember 'The Joker' in Batman? [0. de facto insert]:

Since this is a chess blog, now is not the time to glorify her many 'ugly miss deeds' and ranchorous life, cronicled in the New York Times here. I simply note, that when she recently died, she and her widow had scraped their way into a four billion dollar fortune, squandering oppulent luxuries and along the way filling tabloids and press alike with page after page or misdeeds, conflict, betrayal, and the worst vindicitive form of hatred.

When she died, to the chagrin of her beneficiaries, she 'left left her Maltese (a Dog! Photo and text clip at link), Trouble, a $12 million trust fund to take care of his upkeep. I cannot but wonder if she had directed that money to poor children in schools if she might have died a less indignified death, partially redeeming her irredeemable life.

















Remarkably, 29. ...f6 in deep analysis seems to almost hold in all lines: 30. fxe4 is a draw, and 30. Nd7 seems to win, but only after deep analysis [1.]

In the game below--which I convincingly won--I had to wonder if my opponent had played 'the only move' to try to hold the game, if theoretically the game could have been held by my opponent, but only after very deep work across many lines could I find the win.

For days [2.], I couldn't help but wonder if LikeForests [3.]could find a solid draw [4.]. And while it is very, very, very rare for me to send GM Seirawan my games, knowing he can read a game score blindfold without recourse to a viewer, I think that he could tell me if there is a draw, and will probably send it to him, after conducting then concluding my analysis:


[0 insert: I came to the independent conclusion of the obvious 'joker' similarity before checking now, after posting, to see if I might find an even better photo, and it appears others saw the same thing shown here. Some other flattering images. Really Ugly face? No. I have met many severely disfigured persons at my job {5.} and none of them are ugly. But ugly soul? Yes.]

[1.] Analysis not concluded, but indicated at 4. below]

[2.] It's nice to present new posts. But I strongly debated NOT posting this game. For the more we show, the less it seems can readers distinguish something as special. At the same time, the more we show, the more readers come to the conclusion that renewed visits will result in fresh content. Sometimes we only want to show our best, and not the flavor of the day, three or four times a week. But I have worked on this ending for two long sessions now.

[3.] Remarkably, LikeForests notified me of his new post, but I was writing this post the last hour, without knowing he had analysed my last posted game, here!


[4.] 29. f6 30.Nd7 Rc1 31. Kf2 Rc2+ 32.Ke1 Bxf3 33.Rb7 f5 34.Nf6+ Kf8 35.Nxh7+ Ke8 36.Ng5 Bg4 37.h3 Bh5 38.Nxe6 Re2+ 39.Kf1 Rxe3 40.Ng7+ Kf8 41.Nxh5 gxh5 42.Kf2 Re4 43.Rh7 f4 44.gxf4 Rxf4 45.Ke3 Re4+ 46.Kd3 Rh4 47.Kc3 Ke8 48.Rg7 Rxh3 49.Kb4 Rh2 50.b3 Rb2 51.Rh7 he 52.Ka4 Rh2 53.b4 Kf8 54.b5 and wins!


{5.} I estimate that after 100,000 phone calls in buying 100 to 150 million dollars worth of stock, that in my new career that I have met 500,000 persons (at least 1,500 persons per week). Other persons similarly engaged as I am with a wide and random public come to similar conclusions--or more!

14 Comments:

Blogger likesforests said...

Another fascinating endgame and good analysis! I have to stay focused on tactics for now, but I hope to come back to this position soon.

Sun Oct 28, 03:33:00 PM PDT  
Blogger transformation said...

Everyone forgive me for the mention off this comment, but here I wrote an extensive comment in reply to annonymous, who keeps pestering me... about the value or non-value of bullet, or analysis of blitz, as he did here and I'm hoping that this is the last of that particular troll

Sun Oct 28, 10:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Troll-ism is a very interesting phenomenon. A form of parasytism that lives on attention. I'm sure their EQ is so low that they don't realize how negative their remarks are. A normal person would just stop reading.
A sure way to expose their ugly side to the world is to delete their comments without a word. Then they really go ballistic.

But without attention they soon fade away. Very interesting.

Mon Oct 29, 01:56:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

The best way to get rid of a troll is to talk about them constantly.

Mon Oct 29, 07:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger BlunderProne said...

DK- Leona Helmsly!? My monitor cracked.

Be yourself... don't worry about me, I'll manage. I can't see you torturing the fan base any more on my account.

Mon Oct 29, 10:08:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can call me a Troll if you like, but I am trying to help you.
your website says "Chess Improvement". If that is the case you are just wasting a lot of time. I think you have a rating around 1600. To get to the next level you need to concentrate on tactics, play games with a time contol of atleast G/60 and deeply analize your losses.

I am a USCF master who knows what it takes to get to that level.

Mon Oct 29, 10:27:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

anon: DK is building a great foundation in chess intuition. I love his technique, his experiment in chess improvement. I bet when he slows down to think in slow games he will be a monster (once he gets the patience: switching from bullett to standards is tough, as one tends to get bored: it's like switching from downhill skiing to baseball).

Tue Oct 30, 11:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Anon: DK is committing a scientific experiment. He tests the thesis: "Will frantic blitzing have an effect on slow OTB-games against all odds?"

Can you guarantee what he would do if it wasn't this? Belief me, this is safer for everybody.

I have tested myself the thesis "will frantic tactical problemsolving have an effect on slow OTB-games?"

Tue Oct 30, 11:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger transformation said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wed Oct 31, 12:56:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Temposchlucker said...

I have tested myself the thesis "will frantic tactical problemsolving have an effect on slow OTB-games?"

How did the test go?

Wed Oct 31, 06:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Anon,
You can find my ratingdevelopment plus explanation here. Right now I hoover around 1750. I have done 70k+ exercises at CTS.

Wed Oct 31, 09:18:00 AM PDT  
Blogger transformation said...

sorry guys, but iI STILL BOTCHED THIS, DESPITE WRITING AND REWRITING; TOO MUCH WORK ROAD WEAR: EDITIED THUS:

hard, hard, hard at work on my chessBase 'MyGameAnalysis' as we speak....

this is a gigantic post i need to write, but, for now, i need to work MORE, far more than to write.

i have just worked 14 of the last 16 days. i NEVER given up my day off for anyone at my store in the five year+, but gave up tomorrow for one of my coworkers

there are just two of us full time in tools, soon to be three, with a part timer--The famous Somali guy who I want with me in war, and I mean a moral war not a material one)

since his daughers engine blew (the other full time guy, not the Somali) on her car, off to college in San Francisco. he was stressed out, he couldnt make it back on his 'family leave tomorrow' and i asked him not to lie about being sick, and that 'id work the shift...' telling him that our boss did not deserve such. we are very 'tight', or in English as we say, are connected or communicate about most things personally and professionally. he is retired U.S. Navy, the best man ever at my store.

so now i work 15 of 17 days without a succesive or 'weekend' two days rest (those two previous days were seperated by a weeks time, and thus on time to really recoupe),

but this also means that I am

off 6 of the next 11 days and i will catch all of you, with a big torpedo--when i have the leisure again for write in size, depth, and intensity.

i have also given up napping at lunch, my practice of the last 7 or eight years, as i just dont get tired. i took a VERY deep acting homeopathic remedy, and have been making all my own soups, or Dahl, with brown rice, and lean meat for weeks. all 99.98% gluten free and still of course dairy free.

at 6:00am+ or 7:00am i am not tired but decide to sleep, and get up at 11:00am+ or 11:45a, etc....

what i now have, is after backing up all pertaining files in my chessbase9 and consolidated the 1,377 game ICC pgn file with the 297 rapid or blitzgame file from FICS/yahoo pgn file, and the 8 game RHP pgn file into a big 1,682 cbv file, with all the key endgame keys, strategic keys, pawn structure keys, etc. this is my work.

i am leaving the 1,564 FICS bullet games in a seperate file. perhaps my ever unstable and finicky Baba can accomodate CB9, but i dont want to mess with that one, no way. a major heart attack, long story... and if for example i move all but one of the games over to the 1,682 MyGameAnalysis file, then i dont have a current count on who i played, or by now much, if the FICS databae is then mashed with the ICC one.

that will become in time a big 3,346 game file, and, yes, i am going to view each one, like an iron man.

who needs drugs, booze, or golf? who needs tv or the mall? who needs magazines or luxury. i need my fast desktop and to do yoga and keep both hands flowing (17 years of mouse excess as a broker then as a serious chess student can wear the nerves!).

so when the bullet unit is soon done (can be a week to six weeks, but am cutting back) as i get my specific quantitative and irrevocable goal, i can put that with the first big file, and so have a major 3,246 game file--my work of the next year, with Mr. Shereshevksy and Mr. Mueller, and more on top of that, but that need be said today...

ill be "focused mostly for now on heavy review of this first game file (the 1,682 games) ameliorated with SOME bullet"

...then--in time--rapid or blitz (2/12 then in time 25/10) probably in the next year,

rather than, or 180 degrees turned from, "heavy bullet with only some review or analysis instead".

A. then i will be a man on steroids. watch me.

and let us not forget, after 2.5 years on the 941 GM game database, and now having reviewed games 942 to 1,200 in THE LAST FEW MONTHS, this means:

B. that i am half way to the 1,664 games, with 1201 to 1,664 to go. i decided after carefull deliberation ... [after Watson's very dear ChessFm show recently with Raymond Keene (which follwed the 'Nigel Short show' before that and followed this week by the 'Mig show'] ...

to add Reti's Masters of the chessBoard, handilly compiled by Takchess at chessGames.com, and as he suggested months ago.

i am carefull not to add more, but i need the few games among the file not in my collection, i would assume. Keene raved about it. as do the Amazon reviewers...

C. so here we have a stable GM game file with additions, and now i have a stable file of my games, and will add to that latter.

1,664 GM games added to my 3,346 games, comes to 5,010 games. and now 'this is all i need grasp' or 'only grasp'? :)

you guys think that that is an accident? no.

warmest, dk

Wed Oct 31, 09:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger LaskoVortex said...

Thanks to you, I lost a client today for my smuggling business. I opened your blog when waiting for my customer and he saw what was on my computer screen. And to our mutual displeasure we saw the most indecent picture ever. That woman was not raised correctly and is certainly contributing to the moral degradation of our society. She should be ashamed of herself...

But I did like the picture of the blonde yesterday.

Thu Nov 01, 01:25:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Mon Nov 10, 03:02:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home